WelcomeWelcome to the PlantPlaces.com Community! Share your favorite plants, ask a question, answer a question, help someone find a plant.
ArticlesWhat is sustainability? What plants are sustainable? by
Great Trees for Urban Landscapes by
Aggressive (as opposed to Invasive) Plants by
Skinny Plants for Tight Spaces by
What Is A Rain Garden, and Why Should I Care? by Melissa Benoit
Green FAQ by Melissa Benoit
Blog by PlantPlaces.com contributors
Plant of the WeekEach week, PlantPlaces.com will select a Plant of the Week. Do you have an idea for a Plant of the Week? Let us know.
- October 7, 2012: Cercidiphyllum japonicum Amazing Grace Weeping Katsura
- October 14, 2012: Aesculus flava, Yellow Buckeye
- October 21, 2012: Acer saccharum 'Legacy', Legacy Sugar Maple
- November 4, 2012: Ginkgo biloba
- November 4, 2012: Ginkgo biloba 'Autumn Gold', Autumn Gold Maidenhair Tree
- November 11, 2012: Girard's Hybrid Maple - Acer griseum x nikoense
PlantPlaces.com Mobile is teaming up with the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden on the 2013 Tree Challenge. If you have an Android phone and would like to participate, download the Android app below, then sign up for a PlantPlaces.com Mobile Account Here.
Questions and AnswersHave a question? Have an answer? Visit our new Plant Question and Answer Forum.
Nurseries and Retailers: Enter Your Plants For Sale
If you are a nursery or retailer, you can add your plant inventory to PlantPlaces.com. Users who view plants will then see your inventory. Contact us if you'd like to request an account.
If you already have an account, you can add to your inventory here.
What Do You Recommend?Personal recommendations from:
- Recommended Shade Trees
- Recommended Ground Covers
- Deer Resistant
- Attract Butterflies
- Attract Birds
- Alternatives to Invasive Plants
- Zoo's Best
- Melissa Benoit
- Brandan Jones
- Scott Beuerline
- Arbor Doctor
- The Garden Coach
- Marilee Fehr
- Julia G
- Andrew Bear
Where are plants in your community?View a map. Want to add a plant to the map? Tell us about it.
Other LinksWhat's new at PlantPlaces.com? Subscribe to our RSS feed and you'll see new plants and pictures automatically, as they are added to PlantPlaces.com! Simply paste these links into your RSS reader, or click on the links in your browser and choose "Subscribe Now".
- New plants: http://www.plantplaces.com/perl/rss.xml
- New pictures: http://www.plantplaces.com/perl/newpictures.xml