Watch: Search by Color with the PlantPlaces.com Android app
Sign up for a PlantPlaces.com Mobile Account Here. Next, specify the username you chose in Preferences -> Username on PlantPlaces.com Mobile. Then you can upload your GPS plant list and view your Sustainability Report Card.
We appreciate your feedback. Contact Us with your comments.
What can you do with the PlantPlaces.com Android app?
As plant professionals, we don't work behind desks. We work where the action is. We deserve an app that works as hard as we work, and works where we work. Forget about writing notes down in the field and entering them into a spreadsheet later - PlantPlaces.com Android has what you need, all on your Android device! If you have your phone with you, no matter where you are, you have the power of PlantPlaces.com. Some features even work when you don't have connection to a data network.
- Search by Color
- Take a picture, or open a picture that you already have on your phone, and PlantPlaces.com Android will show you the top 12 colors in that picture.
- Select one of those colors, and PlantPlaces.com Android will show you a list of plants that have that color.
- Select a plant from the list, and PlantPlaces.com will show you details of the plant that you selected.
- Advanced Search
- Search by color AND bloom date and several other factors.
- View a Map of Plants Near You
- Using your current GPS location, PlantPlaces.com shows plants around you.
- GPS a Plant
- Add a plant to your personal plant collection.
- Collect plant information, GPS location, and a picture
- View Your Plant Collection
- View the plants that you have GPSed.
- View a picture of the plant.
- Link to the details page on PlantPlaces.com
- Help, How to Use
- You're here now!
- Change Your Preferences
- Set a username so that you can upload plants to www.PlantPlaces.com
- Visit www.PlantPlaces.com
- The full website has it all!
Search by Color
Do you want PlantPlaces.com to search a new photo, or an existing image on your phone?
Take a Picture
Or, select a photo from the list.
We found these colors!
Which plant do you want?
Here are your plants!
Use the Advanced Search to search by color AND bloom date, and several other factors.
View a Map of Plants Near You
The map will find you at your current location, and place points on the map that represent plants.
Tap one of the plants to see its details on PlantPlaces.com.
Build Your Own Plant Collection
- Latitude and Longitude update automatically, from your phone.
- It updates every 60 seconds, but you can make that more or less frequent, by changing a value in the "Preferences" menu.
- To conserve battery life, press the [Pause GPS] button. It will then change to show [Start GPS]. Press [Start GPS] to restart the GPS service. You can press [Pause GPS] and then immediately press [Start GPS] to request an immediate GPS update.
- Select a Plant - Press the button to use the Advanced Search feature.
This will let you search the PlantPlaces.com database for plants. The
specimen that you create is then automatically linked to that plant!
- The PlantPlaces.com database has nearly 2000 plants (Genus, Species, Cultivar combinations.) If we don't have a plant that you would like to add to your collection, you can add it directly on your phone!
- Where is the plant? Description of Plant: enter any values you wish.
- Save to Phone: Save this to your own plant collection!
- Show Saved: Show your plant collection.
- Upload: upload your entire plant collection to PlantPlaces.com, if you have an account with PlantPlaces.com
- Take Photo: take a photo of this plant.
- Site: If you have multiple plant collections, you can select the collection for this plant here.
View Your Plant Collection
View plants that you have saved.
Click on a specimen to see any information you saved
- GPS, plant name (Genus, Species, Cultivar, Common), photo, etc.
- Show on Map will show this specimen on a map.
- Plant Details shows this plant's details on www.PlantPlaces.com.
- Upload will upload this specimen to www.PlantPlaces.com, if you have an account.
- Hide will remove this specimen from your plant collection.
Click a link to see the detail of this plant at www.PlantPlaces.com.
Sustainability Report Card
When you upload your Plant Collection to PlantPlaces.com, you can see your Sustainability Report Card: a report on the sustainability ratings of the plants in your collection.
First, you must
- Sign up for a PlantPlaces.com Mobile Account
- Download the PlantPlaces.com Mobile app on your Android phone
- Specify the username you chose in Preferences -> Username on PlantPlaces.com Mobile
- Navigate to http://www.plantplaces.com/perl/sustainabilityreport.pl, and enter your username in the box provided.
You're in control. You can change what you want to change on PlantPlaces.com. Or, you can simply not do anything and use the default values that have been provided for you.
- GPS refresh interval
- By default, the GPS refreshes every 60 seconds. You can make that shorter if you want more frequent updates, or longer to conserve battery life.
- If you want to upload your plant collections to PlantPlaces.com, sign up for an account on PlantPlaces.com, and specify your username here.
- Add GPS to pictures
- When you take a picture, PlantPlaces.com Mobile can automatically record the GPS location where the picture was taken.
- Image Name
- When you take a picture, PlantPlaces.com Mobile will start with the name specified here, then add a timestamp, to make the image name unique.
Want to Know More?
Contact Us for more information.